The Scream Factory brings Stuart Gordon‘s cult classic, From Beyond to Blu-ray on March 5th, 2013 in a collector’s edition containing an unrated director’s cut, and have recently announced additional bonus materials.
Based on the H.P. Lovecraft classic tale of suspense reimagined by the creators of Re-Animator has evolved into one of the most gruesomely riveting film experiences of all time!
The Resonator, a powerful machine that can control the sixth sense, has killed its creator and sent his associate into an insane asylum. But when a beautiful psychiatrist becomes determined to continue the experiment, she unwittingly opens the door to a hostile parallel universe… and to the deviant behavior within the human psyche. With its victims becoming creatures who feed on – and become aroused by – human brains, the Resonator is the ultimate man-made monster. And now something’s gone horribly wrong and no one can turn it off!
After the jump, check out a complete listing of all of the bonus content.
ALL-NEW SCREAM FACTORY EXTRAS:
- Audio Commentary with writer Dennis Paoli
- MULTIPLE DIMENSIONS – A look at the film’s extensive Make-Up & Creature Effects with Special Effects Creators John Buechler, Anthony Doublin, John Naulin, and Mark Shostrom (20 mins)
- PAGING DR. McMICHAELS – An interview with Actress Barbara Crampton (15 mins)
- A TORTURED SOUL – An interview with Actor Jeffrey Combs (15 mins)
- AN EMPIRE PRODUCTION – An interview with Executive Producer Charles Band (5 mins)
EXTRAS CARRIED OVER FROM THE MGM 2007 DVD RELEASE:
- Audio Commentary with director Stuart Gordon and the cast
- THE DIRECTOR’S PERSPECTIVE – interview with Stuart Gordon
- THE EDITING ROOM: LOST AND FOUND – Stuart Gordon and MGM restoration team interview
- Interview with composer Richard Band
- Storyboard to Film Comparisions with Introduction
- Two photo galleries