Martha (Annette O’Toole) comes under fire—literally—for speaking out against the Registration Act, but Clark (Tom Welling) gets a huge confidence boost from a collection of videos from supporters vowing to stand by him.
But the bigger news? Alternate world Lionel (John Glover) has made his move, claiming to be the original and retaking LuthorCorp.
1. Mama Kent takes a bullet like a champ, but Clark’s position is understandable; he’s lost his planet and his Earth father and the last thing he wants right now is to lose his Earth mother, too.
2. The people in this show must be pretty jaded considering that Ollie (Justin Hartley) walks into an office, sees the doppelganger of Lionel Luthor and acts like it’s nothing. Oh, you’re the one from the alternate world? Cool. I’ll take you down later, I’ve got places to be.
3. Man, does that Luthor mansion go up in flames fast, or what? I mean, seriously, where are the firefighters? Or securi…ha. Yeah, right. Security.
|“Surprise! No? Not a big deal? Huh. What’s a guy
got to do around here to freak people out..?”
1. They didn’t waste any time in reminding us just how badass a newly returned Lionel Luthor is, now did they? He’s selling the story that he faked his death and now LuthorCorp and all it owns are his again. Welcome back, Mr. Luthor.
2. It’s been a while since we’ve seen little Alexander, the clone of Lex, but it’s good to see he’s chilling in an abandoned slum…and that’s he’s the real shooter of Mama Kent because he’s already giving into the “Kill Clark” brain patterns from the original.
3. It’s hokey, sure, but the videos in support of Clark are a nice nod to the fans since they weren’t filmed for the show by the producers but were actually submitted by the fans for the chance to be used in an episode. And in the end, the VRA has been repealed. Nice work.
“Remember me, bitches? Oh yeah. I’m back.”
1. You’ve got to question the logic of the anti-vigilante crowd when their response to a senator standing up for allowing vigilantes…is taking matters into their own hands and trying to assassinate that senator. Just saying.
2. Chloe (Allison Mack)’s going to get involved with another harebrained scheme of Lois’, isn’t she? Sigh. Of course she is. Lois (Erica Durance) is all obsessed with breaking the next Watergate scandal and all she needs Chloe to do is hack every media website in the nation, something that won’t at all be problematic, ethically. Oh well. Least it can’t be worse than FOX and MSNBC anyway…
3. Tess (Cassidy Freeman) has been around long enough to know that trying to backstab a Luthor never goes according to plan and she had her chance to take out Alexander some time ago, and now it’s too late as her little syringe full of Kryptonite breaks when she tries to use it. Guess who else’s DNA was used in the clone…
|Whoops. Way to go, Tess.|