The VRA has gone away, so it’s time to get back to the nitty gritty of that whole Darkseid subplot as Clark (Tom Welling) goes global in his saves and Chloe and Ollie investigate some of Desaad (Steve Byers)’s shenanigans.
The final push to the series finale is starting to kick it up a notch. Bam!
1. Does Lois (Erica Durance) realize that her “disguise” for Clark is pretty much a knockoff version of ex-boyfriend Oliver Queen (Justin Hartley)? Uh, projecting a bit much, Lo’?
2. Chloe (Allison Mack) and Ollie’s relationship hijinx adds a lot of levity to the episode, as Ollie wants to put a label on things and Chloe remains aloof and noncommittal. Luckily, they get to shelve the awkward conversation by kicking the crap out of their kidnappers…who just happen to be FBI. Whoops.
3. Chloe has now been kidnapped twice in this episode alone. What’s the overall tally now? Because I’m pretty sure if she gets one more, the next one will be free.
|“Ummm, Ollie. Does FBI still mean what it used to?|
Because, if so, we just screwed the pooch.”
1. Clark is making saves worldwide, perhaps being a bit too overzealous but still making himself known everywhere from England to Turkey. That’s the kind of superhero he needs to be, not just one reluctantly moping around locally.
2. Desaad’s little torture keep is exactly the level of creepiness it should given his penchant for sadism in the comics. He a right evil bastard, you gotta give him that much. And poor Chloe is finding out the hard way.
3. Chloe needs to get some credit here. Yeah, she’s been kidnapped every three minutes over the past ten seasons, and sure she doesn’t have any powers of her own, but she managed to resist Desaad’s temptations via the seven deadly sins where dozens had given in. Way to go, kid.
“Yeah, police? There’s a bunch of people hanging and wrapped in
saran wrap. That’s not normal, right?”
1. Clark’s a reporter, I get that. But how exactly does he have so much access to crime scenes that haven’t even been close to being secured by the cops? No wonder so many crimes go unsolved here; they’ve got civilians traipsing around contaminating evidence left and right.
2. When is Clark going to be able to detect bullshit? Because he should have seen how shady the coroner was, especially with his dancing around the omega symbols. Dude, that was Desaad and you just waltzed away. Smooth.
3. Did Ollie really think only almost killing Desaad was going to leave him immune from the darkness coming? Oh no, buddy. You’ve been a little close to the edge for a while and since we’re bringing it up: you shot an arrow at Desaad’s car and then ran up to him immediately in civilian clothing…where was your bow? And your stuff? Did you just leave it alone while you went all facepunchy? That can’t be responsible.
See, this is why they always say you should never
open attachments from unknown senders, Ollie…