Our friends at SuperHeroStuff.com are not only one of the industry’s oldest superhero specialty shops, but also one of the best, with a huge selection of t-shirts, Pops!, hats, hoodies, underwear, socks, action figures, stickers, buttons, belts wallets, cardboard stand-ups, jewelry and much more including large selections for women and children.
Here are some of the latest items I checked out:
This isn’t Hugh Jackman’s Logan, but rather the definitive interpretation of the older Wolverine as originally designed by John Byrne and Terry Austin as seen in the classic storyline, Days of Future Past from way back in The Uncanny X-Men #141 and #142. Ducking mutant gangs and providing intel for the surviving X-Men (Magneto, Storm, Colossus, Rachel Summers, Franklin Richards and Kate Pryde), Logan is still the very best he is at what he does.
And what he does best isn’t very nice.
Batman The Animated Series Funko Pop Vinyl Figures
Funko has released their Pop! Vinyl interpretations of the classic Batman: The Animated Series, and they don’t disappoint. Based on the designs by Bruce Timm, these Pops! not only are an instant jolt of nostalgia, but also feature, in my opinion, the best sculpt yet for The Joker.
Included in this first wave:
- Batman: A fantastic take on the character, capturing the Animated Series aesthetic and also a fantastic cape sculpt.
- Robin: Where would the Caped Crusader be without his Boy Wonder?
- Batgirl: Another solid sculpt, rounding out the core Bat Family.
- The Joker: My favorite Joker sculpt to date. Captures both Timm’s design, but also the classic comic book incarnation of the Clown Prince of Crime.
- Harley Quinn: For a character that made her first appearance on B:TAS, this incarnation of the character is simply, a must have.
- Poison Ivy: She might not be as iconic as the other releases, but her character was serviced immensely by both The Animated Series, and also her character’s friendship/relationship with Harley.
This long overdue tribute to the classic series is a must have for any Bat-fan.
This amazing Pop! captures the modern take on Batman, wearing a black armor suit as first depicted in Tim Burton’s 1989 film. Keep in mind, this isn’t a sculpt on Batman Michael Keaton (no pursed lips and a strong chin), but rather represents a classic take on one of the most beloved characters in pop culture.
Based on the Dark Knight as depicted in Geoff Johns and Gary Frank’s Batman: Earth 1 graphic novel series. This costume also inspired the look of Ben Affleck’s Batman as seen as Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. Poised to jump into battle, this Pop! is ready to protect your shelf or desk from Gotham City’s criminal underworld.