If you’re a Disney fan like me, you know that Disneyland Records has released a number of soundtracks to their attractions over the years. Carrying on that tradition, three picture discs are now available from the Disney Music Emporium, the official headquarters of Walt Disney Records.
Previously only available at Disneyland Resort and D23, The Haunted Mansion, It’s a Small World and Pirates of the Caribbean picture discs are now available at Disney Music Emporium. For the first time on vinyl, these picture discs feature the artwork from the each of their original attraction poster.
All three records are fantastic nostalgic souvenirs, and their vinyl pressings bring out a lot of the detail missing in previous CD releases. Highlights of note: It’s A Small World contains a megamix for those of you that need to get the tune stuck in your head a little longer, Pirates of the Caribbean has the complete Disneyland ride from start to finish on side one, and Haunted Mansion has four creepy source tracks, including a really creepy music box version of “Grim Grinning Ghosts.”
Full track listings, descriptions, and purchase links below…
This frightfully collectible picture disc vinyl features the Disneyland attraction poster art designed by Ken Chapman and Marc Davis in 1969. Grim, Grinning Ghosts come out to socialize and enjoy the music from the attraction including The “Haunted Mansion,” “Ghostly Music Box,” “The Graveyard Band” and more!
- “The Haunted Mansion” – Performed by Paul Frees
- “Ghostly Music Box” – Performed by Music Box – Haunted Mansion
- “Otherworldly Concerto” – Performed by Gaylord Carter
- “Swinging Wake” – Performed by Xavier Atencio and Buddy Baker
- “The Graveyard Band” – Performed by Xavier Atencio and Buddy Baker
Join children from the around the globe as they joyously sing together a song of peace and kindness. This collectible vinyl picture disc features classic attraction poster art designed by Paul Hartley in 1963. Memories of your happy voyage will be complete with original music composed for the attraction by the Sherman Brothers including the iconic “It’s a Small World”.
- “It’s a Small World” – Performed by Richard M. Sherman and Robert B. Sherman
- “Queue / Entrance Music” – Performed by Richard M. Sherman and Robert B. Sherman
- “Exit Music” – Performed by Richard M. Sherman and Robert B. Sherman
- “The Ultimate Mega Mix” – Performed by Richard M. Sherman and Robert B. Sherman
Set sail and celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Disneyland attraction with this collectible vinyl picture disc features classic attraction poster art designed by Collin Campbell in 1967. Make your buccaneer adventures complete with music from the attraction itself including “Yo Ho (A Pirate’s Life For Me).”
- “Pirates of the Caribbean” – Performed by George Bruns and Xavier Atencio
- “Pirate Overture” – Performed by George Bruns
- “Scare Me Music” – Performed by George Bruns
- “Fortune Red (Pirate Arcade)” – Performed by George Bruns
- “Bayou Banjo” – Performed by Disney Studio Musician
- “Yo Ho (A Pirate’s Life for Me)” (Instrumental)- Performed by George Bruns
- “Yo Ho (A Pirate’s Life for Me)” (Demo)- Performed by Disney Studio Chorus