Each year, the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame honors rock music’s pioneering figures during a prestigious, black-tie ceremony. As the Hall of Fame enters its third decade, it’s these singular induction ceremonies — featuring the biggest names in classic rock from the ’60s, ’70s and ’80s – that have become nearly as iconic as the artists they celebrate. This April, Time Life and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame give home audiences front row seats to the four most recent incredible induction ceremonies with ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME: IN CONCERT.
Never before available at retail on any format, these four memorable live concert events are filled with the kind of collaborations and jam sessions that have made Rock Hall concerts legendary. With egos set aside — in many cases original band lineups perform together for the first time in years — inductees and friends take the stage to deliver once-in-a-lifetime performances, often with a truly mind-blowing combination of talent.
“From the first induction ceremony in 1986, the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame has sought to honor the top names in all genres of rock ‘n’ roll,” says Joel Peresman, President of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Foundation. “These ceremonies have provided unique once-in-a-lifetime moments as the inductees and presenters come together to celebrate the legacy of these artists and it’s a privilege to produce this important part of music history and to share it with you!”
This ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME IN CONCERT, 2014-2017 set – a must-have for every music lover — features poignant reunions, moving and often hilarious induction speeches, and 53 iconic performances.
Among the unforgettable highlights on the DVD and Blu-ray sets:
- Bruce Springsteen joining inductees E Street Band for the deep cut classic “E Street Shuffle” from the Boss’s second album, from 1973.
- Legendary grunge-rock group Pearl Jam delivering thundering performances of “Alive,” “Given to Fly” and “Better Man.”
- The two surviving members of Nirvana joined on stage by Lorde, Annie Clark, Kim Gordon and Joan Jett for emotional renderings of the group’s biggest hits.
- Cat Stevens performing a spine-tingling version of “Father & Son” that turned the massive Barclay Center quiet as a church.
- Journey performs three classics: “Separate Ways (Worlds Apart),” “Lights” and “Don’t Stop Believin’.”
- Ringo Starr being welcomed into the Rock Hall with a little help from Paul McCartney.
- Original Cheap Trick drummer Bun E. Carlos joining the band for the first time in 6 years tearing through their early hits including “Surrender” and “Dream Police.”
- Five of the original members of Chicago performing on stage for the first time in 25 years.
- Features complete Hall of Fame Induction speeches including Coldplay’s Chris Martin inducting Peter Gabriel and Metallica’s Lars Ulrich inducting Deep Purple.
And we’re giving away three copies of the ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME IN CONCERT, 2014-2017 Blu-ray!
To enter, send an email with the subject header “HALL OF FAME” to geekcontest @ gmail dot com and answer the following question:
Where is the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Museum located?
Please include your name, and address (U.S. only. You must be 18 years old).
Only one entry per person and a winner will be chosen at random.
Contest ends at 11:59 PM EST on May 6th, 2018.