On October 4th, Anchor Bay will release three different editions of the first season of The Walking Dead, packed with a number of bonus features.
In addition to the DVD an Blu-ray releases, the third release will be a Limited Edition Blu-ray tin that includes an exclusive wearable zombie mask designed by series make-up artist, Greg Nicotero and an exclusive collector’s trading card.
Full details after the jump.
ANCHOR BAY ENTERTAINMENTGIVES YOU A COLLECTION TO DIE FORWITH THE OCTOBER 4 RELEASE OF AMC’S“THE WALKING DEAD:SEASON 1- SPECIAL EDITION”Three Versions Available Oozing with Extras Including a Limited Edition Blu-Ray ™ Collector’s Tin!Beverly Hills, CA – “The Walking Dead, AMC’s hit original series that Entertainment Weekly hailed as the “best new show on TV”, gets a new release on Blu-ray™ and DVD this fall that’s sure to wake the dead! Anchor Bay Entertainment proudly releases the AMC® original series “THE WALKING DEAD: SEASON 1 – SPECIAL EDITION” on October 4, 2011. Available in three versions (Special Edition DVD, Special Edition Blu-ray and Limited Edition Blu-ray Collector’s Tin), each set contains all six episodes of the first season and is loaded with NEW behind-the-scenes featurettes, audio commentaries, extra footage and the fan-requested black and white version of the pilot episode. In addition to the Blu-ray special edition, a limited edition collector’s tin contains an exclusive wearable zombie mask from NECA designed by the series own make-up artist, Greg Nicotero. The first 100,000 units of the Blu-ray and Limited Edition Collector’s Tin together includes an EXCLUSIVE Cryptozoic “The Walking Dead” trading card.In each version, all six episodes contain audio commentaries including award-winning Producer/Writer/Director Frank Darabont, Executive Producer Gale Anne Hurd, Executive Producer/Writer Robert Kirkman, Producer Denise Huth, Actor Andrew Lincoln, Special Effects Make-Up Artist/Consulting Producer Greg Nicotero and many more! A breakdown of each release follows:All three versions include the following NEW extras:
- Pilot Episode: The B&W Version
- Audio Commentaries On All 6 episodes
- We Are The Walking Dead
- Bring Out The Dead: KNB And The Art of Making Zombies
- Digital Decay: The VFX of The Walking Dead
- No More Room in Hell: The Walking Dead Phenomenon
- Adapting The Dead
- Killer Conversations: Frank Darabont & Greg NicoteroEach version includes bonus features from the previous release of “The Walking Dead: Season 1” on DVD that contained the following:
- The Making of The Walking Dead
- Inside The Walking Dead: Episodes 1 – 6
- A Sneak Peek with Robert Kirkman
- Behind The Scenes Zombie Make-Up Tips
- Convention Panel with the Producers
- The Walking Dead TrailerExtra Footage includes:
- Zombie School
- Bicycle Girl
- On Set with Robert Kirkman
- Hanging with Steven Yeun
- Inside Dale’s RV
- On Set with Andrew LincolnAMC’s hit “The Walking Dead,” which broke ratings records in its first season reaching more Adults 18-49 than any other drama series in the history of basic cable television,* returns for its second season this Fall. The series is based on the comic book series written by Robert Kirkman and tells the story of the months and years that follow after a zombie apocalypse. It follows a group of survivors, led by police officer Rick Grimes, played by Andrew Lincoln (“Teachers,” Love Actually), who travel in search of a safe and secure home. Shot on location in Atlanta, the series also stars Jon Bernthal (“The Pacific,” The Ghost Writer) as Shane Walsh, Sarah Wayne Callies (“Prison Break”) as Lori Grimes, Laurie Holden (“The Shield,” Stephen King’s The Mist) as Andrea, Jeffrey DeMunn (Stephen King’s The Mist, The Green Mile) as Dale, Norman Reedus (“The Conspirator”) as Daryl, Steven Yeun (“The Big Bang Theory”) as Glen, Emma Bell (The Bedford Diaries) as Amy and Chandler Riggs (Get Low) as Carl Grimes. Season two of “The Walking Dead” is executive produced by three-time Academy™ Award nominee Frank Darabont, Gale Anne Hurd, Kirkman, David Alpert, and Glen Mazzara and AMC Studios. Greg Nicotero*Source: The Nielsen Company. Live+SD. 1/1/93-12/5/10. A18-49, AA(000). M-Sa 8P-11P, Su 7P-12A. General Drama. Ad Supported Cable. Entire Series Original Premiere Series Airings Only.Based on the popular Image Comics’ comic book written by Robert Kirkman, the series premiered on AMC Fearfest Halloween night and immediately became the most watched drama series in cable’s history with 3.5 million viewers. It has thrilled (and chilled) both critics and audiences with its groundbreaking take on the living dead lore. Season 2 of “The Walking Dead” premieres on AMC this fall.About AMCAMC reigns as the only cable network in history to ever win the Emmy® Award for Outstanding Drama Series three years in a row, as well as the Golden Globe® Award for Best Television Series – Drama for three consecutive years. Whether commemorating favorite films from every genre and decade or creating acclaimed original programming, the AMC experience is an uncompromising celebration of great stories. AMC’s original stories include “Mad Men,” “Breaking Bad,” “The Walking Dead,” “The Killing” and “Hell on Wheels.” AMC further demonstrates its commitment to the art of storytelling with AMC’s Docu-Stories, a slate of unscripted original series, as well as curated movie franchises like AMC’s Can’t Get Enough and AMC’s Crazy About. Available in more than 97 million homes (Source: Nielsen Media Research), AMC is owned and operated by AMC Networks Inc. and its sister networks include IFC, Sundance Channel and WE tv. AMC is available across all platforms, including on-air, online, on demand and mobile. AMC: Story Matters HereSM.About Anchor Bay EntertainmentAnchor Bay Entertainment is the home entertainment division of Starz Media, LLC. It includes the Anchor Bay Films and Manga Entertainment brands. It distributes feature films, children’s entertainment, fitness, TV series, documentaries, anime and other filmed entertainment on DVD and Blu-ray™ formats. Headquartered in Beverly Hills, CA, Anchor Bay Entertainment has offices in Troy, MI, as well as Canada, the United Kingdom and Australia. Starz Media (www.starzmedia.com) is a controlled subsidiary of Liberty Media Corporation attributed to the Liberty Starz tracking stock group.