Sequart Research & Literacy Organization is a non-profit organization devoted solely to the study and promotion of the artistic and literary medium alternately known as comics, comic strips, comic books, graphic novels, manga, sequential art, and sequart.
Now, just in time for the holidays, Sequart Research & Literacy Organization’s entire book line is now available in revised editions featuring significantly lower cover prices. Specifically, thanks to hooking up with Amazon.com’s cut-out-the-middle-man company CreateSpace, all of Sequart’s books are, from now on, $7 to $8 dollars cheaper than ever before! (Also, each of the new editions features a revised cover and a cleaner, more readable interior.)
If you haven’t had the opportunity to read any of Sequart’s titles, they are all fantastic, and are a perfect gift for the comic geek, movie fan or pop culture aficionado on your list.
Among the titles available:
- Keeping the World Strange: A Planetary Guide
- Grant Morrison: The Early Years (new, third edition): This edition includes an interview with Grant himself and brand new foreword by Jason Aaron. It also features an expanded appendix addressing Morrison’s early, pre-Zenith work, including Abraxas, 2000AD, Doctor Who, and text stories done for DC’s U.K. annuals
- Gotham City 14 Miles: 14 Essays on Why the 1960s Batman TV Series Matters
- Mutant Cinema: The X-Men Trilogy from Comics to Screen
- Minutes to Midnight: Twelve Essays on Watchmen
- Improving the Foundations: Batman Begins from Comics to Screen
- Teenagers from the Future: Essays on the Legion of Super-Heroes
- Our Sentence is Up: Seeing Grant Morrison’s The Invisibles
For more details about Sequart and their line of books, visit their site, HERE!
After the jump, check out an excerpt from their book, Our Sentence is Up: Seeing Grant Morrison’s The Invisibles.