“Halo: The Master Chief Collection” offers the complete story of “Halo’s” legendary hero, the Master Chief, for the first time on one console, including an entirely re-mastered version of “Halo 2” – “Halo 2: Anniversary” – in celebration of the 10th Anniversary of the fan-favorite classic.*
“Halo: The Master Chief Collection” brings the ultimate “Halo” collection together (‘Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary,” “Halo 2: Anniversary” “Halo 3” and “Halo 4”) with a unified Master Menu that features every campaign chapter unlocked, enabling fans to experience the Master Chief’s story and “Halo’s” legendary multiplayer like never before. Play “Halo” your way, with curated playlists from the campaign and more than 100 multiplayer and Spartan Ops maps from across all four “Halo” titles.
Every game in “Halo: The Master Chief Collection” is visually enhanced for Xbox One, with “Halo 2: Anniversary” featuring a fully re-mastered campaign. All four games will run at 60 frames per second on dedicated servers.
“Halo: The Master Chief Collection” also includes access to the new live-action digital series, “Halo: Nightfall,” and the “Halo 5: Guardians” Multiplayer Beta, which are launching in late 2014.
- Features: The Complete Master Chief Story – Honoring the iconic hero and his epic journey, the Master Chief’s entire story is brought together in one package, on one console with “Halo: The Master Chief Collection.” Delivering a total of 45 campaign missions from “Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary,” “Halo 2: Anniversary,” “Halo 3” and “Halo 4,” all unlocked from the very beginning, “Halo: The Master Chief Collection” showcases improved visual fidelity running at 60 frames per second in every game, with “Halo 2: Anniversary” featuring a graphically re-mastered campaign. Including new prologue and epilogue cut-scenes foreshadowing “Halo 5: Guardians,” this is the collection “Halo” fans have been waiting for, all on Xbox One.
- “Legendary” Halo Multiplayer – Featuring more than 100 multiplayer and Spartan Ops maps from across all four “Halo” titles (“Halo: Combat Evolved” maps playable on Xbox Live for the first time) running on their original multiplayer engines, “Halo: The Master Chief Collection” offers unprecedented choice to enhance your “Halo” multiplayer experience. Using the Master Menu, select from curated playlists of your favorite “Halo” multiplayer maps and game types, and then go to battle with your fellow Spartans on dedicated servers.
- “Halo 2: Anniversary” – Celebrating its 10th Anniversary, the iconic fan favorite returns, featuring a visually re-mastered campaign with “Classic Mode,” which allows you to instantly switch between the re-mastered game and the original from 2004, as well as all-new cut-scenes. Uncover new story elements in hidden terminal videos, and utilize all new skulls to experience the campaign in a whole new way. Play the game that defined online multiplayer on consoles with all 25 original “Halo 2” multiplayer maps, just as fans remember them, plus 6 completely re-imagined “Halo 2” maps.
- Master Menu – Seamlessly navigate the Master Chief’s story and customize your multiplayer experience across more than 100 maps using the all-new Master Menu. Play all four completely unlocked campaigns, beginning to end, or jump from mission to mission across each game in any order you choose. Enjoy cross title themed campaign playlists created by the game’s designers for new fun and challenging experiences, and easily find and play your favorite multiplayer game types from multiplayer and Spartan Ops maps. It’s everything “Halo,” on your terms, simplified.
- New “Halo: Nightfall” Live-Action Digital Series – A strange and treacherous world exposes elite UNSC operatives to a much deeper danger in this live-action series from 343 Industries and Scott Free Productions. Executive-produced by Ridley Scott and Scott Free TV President David Zucker and directed by Sergio Mimica-Gezzan (“Battlestar Galactica” “Pillars of the Earth,” “Heroes”), “Halo: Nightfall” is an exciting new story for “Halo” fans and new audiences alike.
- “Halo 5: Guardians” Multiplayer Beta – Be among the first to experience a new generation of “Halo” multiplayer in the “Halo 5: Guardians” Multiplayer Beta. Gear up for the “Halo 5: Guardians” Multiplayer Beta by unlocking exclusive content in “Halo: The Master Chief Collection” and “Halo: Nightfall.” These exclusive items will carry over into “Halo 5: Guardians.”
About the “Halo” Franchise
The “Halo” franchise is an award-winning collection of properties that have transcended video games and grown into a global entertainment phenomenon. Beginning with the original “Halo: Combat Evolved” (2001), the critically acclaimed and record-shattering series of games have reinvented how people think about video games and has since built a fan base of millions worldwide and inspired multiple New York Times best-selling novels, a live-action digital series, comic books, action figures, apparel and more.
Published by Microsoft Studios, the “Halo” franchise of games is exclusive to Xbox platforms, Windows 8 PCs, tablets, and Windows Phone 8 devices. To date, more than 60 million copies of “Halo” games have been sold worldwide, driving nearly over 6 billion hours of gameplay by fans connected to Xbox Live.
343 Industries is the developer of the blockbuster “Halo” series of video games and, as part of Microsoft Studios, oversees the “Halo” franchise, including games, linear programming, novels, comics, licensed collectibles, apparel and more. 343 Industries is home to world-class talent that delivered award-winning titles like “Halo 4” and “Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary” as well as the action-shooter “Halo: Spartan Assault” and the live-action digital series “Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn.” The studio is currently developing “Halo: The Master Chief Collection,” “Halo: Spartan Strike” and the next installment in the legendary saga of the Master Chief, “Halo 5: Guardians,” while continuing to transform entertainment experiences across the “Halo” universe with groundbreaking projects, including the “Halo Channel,” an upcoming Halo television series, and the all-new digital series, “Halo: Nightfall.”
*Some game features, including hidden terminal videos, require broadband internet; ISP fees apply. Online multiplayer features require Xbox Live Gold membership (sold separately). “Halo 5: Guardians” sold separately; release date not yet announced. “Halo: Nightfall”: 5 episode live action series is streaming only, with episodes releasing on a weekly basis. Xbox One or Windows 8.1 and broadband internet required; ISP fees apply. “Halo 5: Guardians” Multiplayer Beta: “Halo: The Master Chief Collection” required. Limited Time Beta Starts: December 29, 2014; Ends: January 18, 2015. Must be 17+. Xbox One, broadband internet (ISP fees apply) and Xbox Live Gold membership (sold separately) required. “Halo: Nightfall” and “Halo 5: Guardians” Multiplayer Beta dates, content, and features subject to change. See www.xbox.com/halo
You May Also Like
Acclaimed artist Aron Wiesenfeld is renowned for his enigmatic paintings, featuring figures in solitary landscapes that capture a sense of melancholy, isolation, and of...
From James Bond to Mata Hari, in scores of books and movies, and on the front pages of newspapers, spies have always captured the...