Silver Pictures, Waypoint Entertainment, Lakeshore Records, Warner Bros. Pictures and iam8bit present The Nice Guys Collector’s Edition Vinyl available for pre-order NOW.
The Nice Guys comes to theaters on May 20th. The Nice Guys is a nostalgic detective epic, set against the neon & gritty backdrop of 1970s Los Angeles. The setup is slick – a private eye investigating the apparent suicide of a fading porn star – but that’s just cinematic bait. The stakes quickly escalate to tricky, tantalizing places – political conspiracy, mob warfare – like only writer/director Shane Black (Lethal Weapon, Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang, Iron Man 3) can conceive. His trademarks resound – trigger-quick wit, bruising action and complicated characters.
And with The Nice Guys, in particular – music becomes a whole other character in the film, drenching the audience in an orgy of sexy, smooth, jangly, trumpeting, rhythmic atmosphere.
This isn’t just a generic assembly of 70’s covers. This soundtrack is the real deal, rallying 15 legendary songs to create an era-setting super album. The track listing is superb. This collector’s edition vinyl includes:
- 15 classic tunes (on 4 sides)
- 2xLP 180-gram vinyl
- Eye-popping 3D centerfold
- 3D glasses
- The Nice Guys business card
- Liner notes by writer/director Shane Black
- Adults only XXX wrap;
- 1 of 6 double-sided pin-up posters; and
- Digital soundtrack download (exclusive to iam8bit.com/store purchases).
Writer/director Shane Black (Lethal Weapon, Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang, Iron Man 3) collaborated with a veritable dream team to bring his vision of 1970’s Los Angeles to life. Grammy-winner music supervisor, Randall Poster (pretty much every Wes Anderson film, The Wolf of Wall Street, Boardwalk Empire, Skyfall, Boyhood), worked his wizardry on the soundtrack. Legendary producer, Joel Silver (The Matrix trilogy, Lethal Weapon series, Die Hard), personally hand-picked tracks. Famed designers, Mathieu Bitton and John Bergin, spared no detail in crafting a vinyl package that expands the story of the film in an innovative and pervasive way. Grammy-nominated soundtrack album producer, Brian McNelis (Napoleon Dynamite), shepherded the record through production for Lakeshore Records. And two-time Clio-winning creative production company, iam8bit (True Detective, The Leftovers), produced the Collector’s Edition vinyl.
01. Papa Was a Rollin’ Stone – The Temptations
02. Get Down On It – Kool & The Gang
03. Boogie Oogie Oogie – A Taste of Honey
04. September – Earth, Wind & Fire
05. Couldn’t Get It Right – Climax Blues Band
06. Love and Happiness – Al Green
07. Dazz – Brick
08. Boogie Wonderland – Earth, Wind & Fire
09. Jive Talkin’ – Bee Gees
10. Rock and Roll All Nite – Kiss
11. Ain’t Got No Home – The Band
12. Escape (The Piña Colada Song) – Rupert Holmes
13. Lonely Boy – Andrew Gold
14. A Horse with No Name – America
15. Green Peppers – Herb Alpert & The Tijuana Brass
The Nice Guys Collector’s Edition Vinyl will ship in May 2016. Pre-orders are highly suggested, as the first pressing is anticipated to sellout quickly.