The critically acclaimed Game of Thrones Live Concert Experience Featuring Ramin Djawadi will bring the world of Westeros to arenas across Europe starting in May of 2018. Additionally, due to popular demand, a second North American leg of the tour has been added for the Fall of 2018, giving fans the opportunity to watch in wonder as famed composer Ramin Djawadi leads an orchestra and choir performing music from all seven seasons of the iconic, Emmy Award-winning HBO series. The new dates for the Game of Thrones Live Concert Experience Featuring Ramin Djawadi will include new music and footage from Season 7, as well a new custom stage design and mesmerizing visuals courtesy of state of the art video technology.
“Bringing the Game of Thrones Live Concert Experience to audiences earlier this year was a dream come true, dating back to an idea hatched over three years ago,” said Djawadi. “The scale and spectacle of the production brought the world of Westeros to life in a truly immersive fashion, and I’m thrilled to have the opportunity to share the experience with fans not only in North America again, but also to cross the narrow sea for the first time and bring the show to Europe.”
The inaugural run of the Game of Thrones Live Concert Experience Featuring Ramin Djawadi kicked off in North American in February of 2017 after being conceived by Djawadi three years ago. The show was praised by fans and critics alike as a must-see spectacle for fans of the television series. The Guardian described the show as “Westeros brought to dazzling life.” Mashable called it “an epic musical journey,” while the New York Times praised it as “a symphonic spectacular.”
As rich as the stories, intrigue and world of Game of Thrones, Ramin’s celebrated music for the show has resonated with fans from the very beginning, as the meticulously constructed songs underscored the emotional weight of key moments between beloved characters, lent scale to massive battle sequences and brought to life songs referenced in George R.R. Martin’s books. Ramin’s relentlessly popular title track alone has become an instantly recognizable pop culture phenomenon in its own right.
“Building upon the incredible response we received from the first tour earlier this year, Game of Thrones fans are in for a treat when the updated version of the Game of Thrones Live Concert Experience makes its debut in Europe and then returns to North America next year,” said Jeff Peters, Vice President of Licensing and Retail at HBO. “The Game of Thrones fan base reaches all corners of the globe, so we are excited a wider international audience will now be able to experience Ramin’s extraordinary talent.”
The tour, produced and promoted exclusively by Live Nation in partnership with HBO Global Licensing, will continue to use innovative music tour production and video technology that will recreate the various realms found throughout Westeros and Essos as well as showcase footage from the show in addition to new imagery created exclusively for the upcoming 45 tour dates. Beginning its journey on May 8th in Madrid, the tour will visit 20 European cities throughout May and June. The North American leg will kick off 25 tour dates on September 5th in Vancouver and conclude on October 14th in Toronto.
Tickets for all dates go on sale starting this Friday, September 29th at 10:00 AM local time. A special HBO pre-sale launches today at 10:00 AM PST and goes through Thursday, September 28th at 10:00 PM local time.
Citi is the official pre-sale credit card of the Game Of Thrones Live Concert tour. As such, Citi cardmembers will have access to purchase pre-sale tickets beginning Tuesday, September 26th at 12:00PM PST until Thursday, September 28th at 10:00PM local time through Citi’s Private Pass® program. For complete pre-sale details visit www.citiprivatepass.com
Ramin Djawadi’s previous credits include the Grammy-nominated score for Marvel’s 2008 blockbuster, Iron Man. Other film credits include Pacific Rim, Clash Of The Titans and Warcraft. In addition to Game Of Thrones, Ramin also garnered Emmy Award nominations for other television projects including the hit HBO® series Westworld, Flash Forward (ABC) and Prison Break (FOX). Among Ramin’s upcoming projects is the highly anticipated new film The Mountain Between Us, due for release in October.
Based on the bestselling fantasy book series by George R.R. Martin, Game of Thrones is an epic story of treachery and nobility set on the continent of Westeros, where summers and winters can last years, and only the lust for power is eternal. The Emmy – and Golden Globe Award-winning series has captured the imagination of fans globally, making it one of the most popular shows on television.
GAME OF THRONES LIVE CONCERT EXPERIENCE 2018 DATES
All dates, cities and venues below subject to change.
- 5/8 – Madrid, Spain – WiZink Center
- 5/10 – Barcelona, Spain – Palau Sant Jordi
- 5/12 – Paris, France – AccorHotel Arena
- 5/14 – Berlin, Germany – Mercedes-Benz Arena
- 5/15 – Lodz, Poland – Atlas Arena
- 5/16 – Prague, Czech Republic – O2 Arena
- 5/18 – Budapest, Hungry – Budapest Arena
- 5/19 – Vienna, Austria – Wiener Stadthalle
- 5/21 – Amsterdam, Netherlands – Ziggo Dome
- 5/22 – Antwerp, Belgium – Antwerps Sportpaleis
- 5/24 – Dublin, Ireland – 3Arena
- 5/25 – Belfast, Northern Ireland – The SSE Arena
- 5/27 – London, UK – Wembley Arena
- 5/29 – Hamburg, Germany – Barclaycard Arena
- 5/31 – Stockholm, Sweden – Ericsson Globe
- 6/1 – Copenhagen, Denmark – Royal Arena
- 6/4 – Munich, Germany – Olympiahalle
- 6/5 – Zurich, Switzerland – Hallenstadion
- 6/7 – Frankfurt, Germany – Festhalle Frankfurt
- 6/8 – Cologne, Germany – Lanxess Arena
North American Dates:
- 9/5 – Vancouver, BC – Pepsi Live at Rogers Arena
- 9/6 – Seattle, WA – KeyArena
- 9/8 – San Jose, CA – SAP Center
- 9/9- Los Angeles, CA – The Forum
- 9/11 – San Diego, CA – Viejas Arena
- 9/12 – Phoenix, AZ – Gila River Arena
- 9/14 – Denver, CO – Pepsi Center
- 9/16 – Dallas, TX – American Airlines Center
- 9/17 – Houston, TX – Toyota Center
- 9/18 – Austin, TX – Frank Erwin Center
- 9/21 – Tampa, FL – Amalie Arena
- 9/22 – Ft. Lauderdale, FL – BB&T Center
- 9/25 – Washington, DC – Capital One Arena
- 9/26 – Newark, NJ – Prudential Center
- 9/28 – Uncasville, CT – Mohegan Sun Arena
- 9/29 – Boston, MA – DCU Center
- 9/30 – University Park, PA – Bryce Jordan Center
- 10/2 – Philadelphia, PA – Wells Fargo Center
- 10/3 – New York, NY – Madison Square Garden
- 10/5 – St. Louis, MO – Scottrade Center
- 10/6 – Chicago, IL – AllState Arena
- 10/9 – Detroit, MI – Little Caesars Arena
- 10/10 – Columbus, OH – Schottenstein Center
- 10/12 – Montreal, QC – Bell Centre
- 10/14 – Toronto, ON – Air Canada Centre