In providing the ultimate fan experience at Comic-Con International: San Diego 2018 (July 18-22), DC is stepping up its game – including a 4,500 square foot booth and the takeover of a downtown hotel – to give the hundreds of thousands of fans attending Comic-Con the best that DC has to offer, from comic books to films, television and more.
Experience the DC Universe at the Hilton San Diego Gaslamp Quarter
An Incredible Lineup of Panels
- On Thursday from 11:30-12:30, DC Publishers Dan DiDio and Jim Lee will talk about how DC started 2018 with a bang, but also chat with fans about what they can expect for the rest of the year, featuring a collection of guests that may come with some surprises of their own! (DC Meet the Publishers, Thursday, 11:30-12:30, Room 6DE)
- Learn what’s next from Geoff Johns, bestselling DC writer and the mastermind behind the newly-formed Mad Ghost Productions during his spotlight panel, where fans well get an in-depth look at his upcoming comic book plans for DC! (Spotlight on Geoff Johns, Thursday 2-3pm, Room 6DE)
- Whether it’s his work on MISTER MIRACLE, his fan-favorite run on BATMAN or his upcoming game changing event HEROES IN CRISIS, Eisner award-winning writer Tom King continues to up the ante when it comes to bold and dynamic storytelling. Check out his spotlight panel to hear what’s next for this prolific writer (Spotlight on Tom King, Friday, 5:30-6:30, Room 6DE)
- Led by Neil Gaiman’s THE SANDMAN UNIVERSE, DC Vertigo has a both new look and approach to elevating socially relevant, high-concept ideas to the forefront of graphic storytelling. Come to the DC Vertigo panel and meet some of the creative minds behind new series like HEX WIVES (Ben Blacker, Mirka Andolfo), AMERICAN CARNAGE (Bryan Hill), HOUSE OF WHISPERS (Nalo Hopkinson, Domo Stanton), GODDESS MODE (Zoe Quinn, Robbi Rodriguez), BORDER TOWN (Eric Esquivel, Ramon Villalobos), SECOND COMING (Mark Russell) and HIGH LEVEL (Rob Sheridan)! (DC Vertigo, Friday, 6-7pm, Room 23ABC)
- The events of Scott Snyder’s DARK NIGHTS: METAL released a new wave of threats from beyond the Source Wall, and the Justice League takes on an all new look to combat these growing threats, along with some unexpected help! Check out the face of “New Justice” and join Snyder (JUSTICE LEAGUE), James Tynion IV (JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK), Joshua Williamson (JUSTICE LEAGUE ODYSSEY), Adam Glass, Bernard Chang (TEEN TITANS) and Brandon Peterson (TITANS) to find out how saving the universe is really a team sport! (DC Justice League panel, Friday, 4:15-5:15, Room 6DE)
Giveaways and More at the DC Booth
But that’s not all; in addition to the DC UNIVERSE fan experience, the DC booth will also give fans a chance for an up-close-and personal look at the new DC UNIVERSE digital subscription service.
The Graphitti Designs booth (#2314) will also feature a collection of rare SDCC exclusives including limited edition silver foil variant issues of ACTION COMICS #1000, SUPERMAN #1, BATMAN #50, BATMAN #51, CATWOMAN #1, THE FLASH #50, JUSTICE LEAGUE #1 and JUSTICE LEAGUE #4. All comics are priced at $15 each, except ACTION COMICS #1000, which sells for $25. All books are bagged and boarded and available while supplies last.
Download the DC All Access mobile app for a complete list of panels, schedule of signings, behind-the-scenes coverage and in-depth interviews directly from DC’s award-winning web series, “DC All Access.” The app is available for free on the Apple App Store and Google Play.