For his 80th birthday, The Dark Knight is getting the royal treatment this Comic-Con with panels, parties and more.
To kick off events, the legendary octogenarian will be inducted into the Comic-Con Museum Character Hall of Fame on Wednesday, July 17 at 5 p.m., the very first time that a comic character has been given that honor.
To celebrate the occasion, comic book icon Todd MacFarlane will unveil as special six-foot Batman Black & White Statue on July 17. The life-size statue will be displayed throughout SDCC along with the other 99 Batman Black & White figures from DC Collectibles.
Tickets are available at www.ccmgathering.org.
The Bat will also get the pop-up treatment thanks to DC and AT&T, who are teaming up for The Batman Experience, an immersive museum and installation that includes a VR experience called the The Dark Knight Dive, a Rogue Gallery Rumble, a Batcave gaming lounge, and more. The museum will host hundreds of assorted pieces, including props from Tim Burton’s films, which is celebrating it’s own milestone this year with the 30th anniversary of its release.
Held at Balboa Park from Thursday to Saturday, the exhibit is free to visit and no SDCC badge is required.
Emmy-winner Batman Beyond is celebrating its 20th anniversary with a special panel on Thursday, July 18 at 12:15 pm in Hall H.
The panel will feature producers Bruce Timm (Batman: The Animated Series) and Glen Murakami (Teen Titans), casting/dialogue director Andrea Romano (Justice League), director James Tucker (Batman: Hush), writers Bob Goodman (Elementary, Warehouse 13) and Stan Berkowitz (Justice League: The New Frontier), and stars of the series, Kevin Conroy (Batman: The Animated Series) and Will Friedle (Boy Meets World, Kim Possible). Just to name a few.
The 30th anniversary of the Batman movie franchise will also be a topic of discussion at the Batman 1989 Movie 30th Anniversary panel. Held in Room 6A on Saturday Saturday July 20, 2019 at 6:45 pm, the panel will feature Michael Uslan, originator and executive producer of the Batman movie franchise as he chats about the challenges to get the movie made.
On Friday there will also be a fan celebration of the Bat featuring members of the animated series creative team as they chat about the characters more iconic moments. A Fan Celebration of Batman in Animation will be held at the Horton Grand Theatre on Friday July 19, 2019 at 12:00 pm.
Also on Friday, fans of the animated series will get to attend the world premiere of Batman: Hush.
A post-screening panel will include stars Jason O’Mara, Jennifer Morrison, and Hynden Walch, just to name a few.
In addition to Batman, other members of the Bat-family will also be represented at the Con with debuts of CW’s Batwoman and EPIX original series Pennyworth. In addition to big-name panels that will fill Hall H, Batman and his cronies will also be two of the featured characters on over 40k official hotel keycards of Comic-Con 2019.
For those who want a deep dig into the new shows, WBTV will host panels for the Batwoman and Pennyworth on Saturday, July 20 in Ballroom 20 starting at 10:30 am. The Batwoman panel will host a screening and a Q&A with cast and crew, including stars Ruby Rose, Rachel Skarsten, Meagan Tandy, Dougray Scott and more.
Pennyworth will follow a few hours later with a screening and Q&A of their own, featuring stars Jack Bannon, Ben Aldridge, Paloma Faith, Jason Flemyng and more.
(A full lineup of all the Batman-related panels this Comic-Con will be listed below.)
For those who want an early sneak peak of the latest Batman-centric outings for the small screen, the world premiere screenings of Batwoman and Pennyworth will be held on July 17 at Petco Park.
Buzzfeed is also getting in on love with a special event, A Batsh!t Crazy Bash on Friday, July 19.
The invite-only events promises the proper welcome for the latest member of the DC small screen family, Batwoman. The shindig promises “live music, cocktails and bites to drive you mad!”
Let the Bat-fun begin!
FULL SCHEDULE OF BATMAN RELATED PANELS
WEDNESDAY – PREVIEW NIGHT
- 6:00 pm: World Premiere Screenings of Batwoman and Pilot Screening of New Series Pennyworth. Plus Special Sneak Peek Screening of The 100 and Rooster Teeth
- 12:15 pm (Hall H): Batman Beyond 20th Anniversary
- 4:00 pm (Room 23ABC): Batman and the Secret Origin of Bill Finger
- 5:00 pm (Room 11): DC Batman Art Academy
- 8:00 pm: Bat in the Sun (Room 7AB) – Cast and crew of Super Power Beat Down present “Batman vs. Black Panther”
- 12:00 pm (Horton Grand Theatre): A Fan Celebration of Batman in Animation
- 12:30 pm (Room 6DE): DC Super Hero Girls New Episode Premiere and Q&A
- 3:00 pm: DC Batman (Room 6DE) – “Meet some of the key players in the Dark Knight’s world who create and bring you the best Batman comics stories ever.”
- 7:15 pm (Ballroom 20): pm World Premiere of Batman: Hush
- 10:30 am (Ballroom 20): Batwoman Pilot Screening and Q&A
- 4:00 pm (Hall H): Entertainment Weekly: Women Who Kick Ass (with Ruby Rose)
- 6:45 pm (Room 6A): Batman 1989 Movie 30th Anniversary
- 7:30 pm (Room 5AB): Sound & Fury: Creators of Animatrix and Batman Ninja Unite for Sturgill Simpson
- 2:15 pm (Room 6BCF): World Premiere of LEGO DC: Batman: Family Matters