If you are stuck with your old retro psx roms and just don’t know how you can play your classic favourite video game such as the Crash Bandicoot series; a fun arcade game that lets you have some great fun with racing games, wacky parties and fighting off evil alongside the fun fox character, Crash Bandicoot and the rest of the gang, there are some alternatives as to how you can play the game on your PC without the game console:
Using an online emulator without downloading
The first and easiest way is way will be to play the Crash Bandicoot from your browser via an online game emulator that is most compatible with Crash Bandicoot. There is no need to download the game, with the online emulator, you can find several games from the series like Crash Bandicoot – The Huge Adventure, Crash Bandicoot 2 Cortex Strikes Back, Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped, Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath Of Cortex, and Crash Bandicoot 2: N- Tranced to play online. Simply click on the game icon and playing the game you choose. To play the game online follow these simple steps;
- Launch your preferred browser, in your search box you can type Crash Bandicoot emulator games online and get different website option;
- From the search result click on the link to your preferred online emulator games site; the link to this Emulator Games Online comes in highly recommended.
- Navigate your cursor to the game of your choice and click on it to start playing. It’s that easy!
Playing the game using and installed emulator
Another way to play any game from the Crash Bandicoot series will be by installing an emulator software to mimic the psx roms platform on your PC
- Lunch your most preferred emulator website in your browser (there are different emulators you can pick online like ePSXe, Dolphin, GameCube, etc)
- Click on the blue “Download” button on the website and then select the version compatible with your PC Operating System, it is available for Windows, Linux, and Mac.
- Once the download is complete, run the executable to install the emulator.
- Next, find the most suitable place on your hard drive and then create a folder for the emulator
- If you don’t have any games you will need to rip or download psx roms and then create a folder where you can save all the CD images of the games you have.
- What this does is that it syncs all of your ISOs and lists them out with their logo, name, publisher, and compatibility level. A Five star will mean that the game runs perfectly without any issues; A four star means it is fully playable but has minor graphical or audio issues; A Three star and below means the game could crash regularly and you most likely won’t be able to progress too far while playing.
- Before you launch, you will need to first edit your settings. From the “Options“ menu click on “Controller Settings”; The “Port 1” is set to “Standard Controller” by default, this is the GameCube controller; Then click on “Configure”to see how it has been mapped out on your keyboard. Click any of the buttons to change the assigned keys.
- Now you can launch the emulator and then point it to your ISO folder. To do this; from the “File” drop-down menu, click on “Browse for ISOs…” and then press “OK” If you have trouble finding the ISO, click on the “Refresh” button to refresh the list or you can also check the sub directories.
- Then double-click on a game in your emulator to start, alternatively from the toolbar you can also click on a game and press the play button to start.
- A separate window will then open for the game itself.
- Use controls from the first emulation screen to navigate through the game. When you are done playing, you can use the stop button on the first screen also.
And that’s about it! Hope this article was able to help you find a new and easy way on how to play Crash Bandicoot on your PC.