The most iconic sci-fi television franchise in history returns when STAR TREK: DISCOVERY: SEASON TWO arrives on Blu-ray and DVD November 12 from CBS Home Entertainment and Paramount Home Entertainment.
After answering a distress signal from the U.S.S. Enterprise, STAR TREK: DISCOVERY: SEASON TWO finds the crew of the U.S.S. Discovery joining forces with Captain Christopher Pike (Anson Mount) on a new mission to investigate seven mysterious red signals and the appearance of an unknown being called the Red Angel. While the crew must work together to unravel their meaning and origin, First Officer Michael Burnham (Sonequa Martin-Green) is forced to face her past with the return of her estranged brother, Spock (Ethan Peck). STAR TREK: DISCOVERY: SEASON TWO also stars Doug Jones (“Commander Saru”), Anthony Rapp (“Lt. Commander Paul Stamets”), Mary Wiseman (“Ensign Sylvia Tilly”), Shazad Latif (“Ash Tyler”), Wilson Cruz (“Dr. Hugh Culber”), Mary Chieffo (“L’Rell”), Tig Notaro (“Chief Engineer Reno”), Rebecca Romijn (“Number One”) and Michelle Yeoh (“Philippa Georgiou”).
STAR TREK: SHORT TREKS are stand-alone short stories which offer fans a deeper dive into key themes and characters that fit into STAR TREK: DISCOVERY and the expanding “Star Trek” universe. In episode “Runaway,” Ensign Tilly (Wiseman) encounters an unexpected visitor in need of help onboard the U.S.S. Discovery. However, this unlikely pair may have more in common than meets the eye. “The Brightest Star” takes a look back at Saru’s (Jones) simple life on his home planet of Kaminar with his father and sister. Young Saru, full of ingenuity and a level of curiosity uncommon among his people, yearns to find out what lies beyond his village, leading him on an unexpected path.
“Certified Fresh” by Rotten Tomatoes, all 14 episodes of the CBS series’ latest season appear with brilliant sound and picture across four discs in both the Blu-ray and DVD formats. STAR TREK: DISCOVERY: SEASON TWO Blu-ray and DVD will include over two hours of exclusive, captivating special features, plus two episodes of SHORT TREKS that are related to STAR TREK: DISCOVERY: SEASON TWO: “Runaway” featuring Ensign Sylvia Tilly and “The Brightest Star” featuring Commander Saru.
Exclusive special features include:
- ENTER THE ENTERPRISE – Captain Pike shepherds U.S.S. Discovery through Season Two, but must return to his original command on the U.S.S. Enterprise. The production designer, builders, actors and producers discuss the daunting task of reviving the iconic ship’s bridge.
- PUTTING IT TOGETHER – Follow the real life Discovery crew through preparation, shooting and posting the amazing Season Two finale. A true in-depth look at the many talents that come together to bring Discovery to life.
- THE RED ANGEL – A major plot point of the season is the Red Angel. Go behind-the-scenes with producers, directors and Sonequa Martin-Green, along with the craftspeople that created it and made it come to life.
- DESIGNING DISCOVERY: SEASON TWO – On a show where no location exists in our world, the production and lighting design teams must create every space. Look at the locations and spaces created for Season Two.
- PROP ME UP: SEASON TWO – Propmaster Mario Moreira takes fans through the world of Discovery props.
- DRESS FOR SUCCESS: SEASON TWO – Each species has its own fashion style dictated by both culture and physical attributes. Gersha Phillips and her team discuss how costumes inform a character and how they create a spectacular array of clothing, uniforms and armor for every kind of species.
- CREATURE COMFORTS: SEASON TWO – Producers, craftsmen and actors discuss the design process, the implementation and the performance required to bring characters to life. Fans can also catch a one-on-one discussion with makeup artist James McKinnon and L’Rell actress, Mary Chieffo.
- CREATING SPACE – There are some shots that simply can’t be done practically when you are set in space. The VFX team, headed by Jason Zimmerman, pushes the envelope every week to create amazing computer graphics to give fans a realistic feel of space.
- STAR TREK DISCOVERY: THE VOYAGE OF SEASON TWO – A look at the adventures and plot twists encountered in Season 2 by the crew of the Discovery.
- Cast and crew audio commentaries on four episodes
- Deleted scenes
- Gag reel
The first two seasons of STAR TREK: DISCOVERY are now available to stream on CBS All Access and are distributed concurrently by CBS Studios International on Netflix in 188 countries and in Canada on Bell Media’s Space channel and OTT service CraveTV. The series is produced by CBS Television Studios, Secret Hideout and Roddenberry Entertainment.