Yes, it’s only been a few months since the launch of the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus, yet rumours and speculations are starting to increase over the new iPhone 8 in 2017.
If you know nothing about the iPhone then you might wonder what all the excitement is about, well it takes a few words to explain that one, and perhaps the first word should be ‘revolutionary.’
It seems almost inconceivable that it will be ten years since the first generation iPhone was introduced to the public, since then the iPhone has revolutionized the way we communicate, browse, shop and pay for goods, monitor our health, source entertainment, playing at sites like SwankyBingo.com where you can meet like minded people, have a laugh whilst enjoying a great classic game anywhere and at anytime you want to.
The amazing applications we can get either at no cost at all or for a small fee opens up the world to us in ways never thought of as long as we can get a WI-FI connection.
So what can we look forward to in 2017?
Ten years in production is a big year for Apple and so it’s a little more difficult to predict what we shall be offered. With big design changes being mentioned those could include and edge-to-edge OLED screen. It’s also quite possible that the new iPhone 8 won’t have the existing home button, instead there will be a fingerprint sensor built right into the display.
Apples usual pattern is a major re-design each two years with the iPhone 7S due out next year, but with it being such a celebratory year for the company it is expected that Apply will do something really special for the occasion. It’s even a possibility that the new iPhone 8 will also be renamed for the celebrations, but for now we shall keep on calling the iPhone 8 .
Expected Specs and New Features
- It is rumoured that there could be a curved OLED screen
- An bezel-less design is expected
- The screen itself could be made from plastic and not glass
- LG is said to be working on a foldable screen for 2018
- Apple apparently has been asking their suppliers to make a screen with resolution better than Samsung which effectively would mean that the iPhone 8 would boast a resolution higher than Quad HD, a big jump from the iPhone 7
- The camera could possibly be front facing on the new iPhone 8
- The new phone may well have an A-11 processor
- Colours could include red this time round
- Wireless charging is on the cards
The price for the new interactive phone is going to be somewhat higher than before with the expected prices to be in the range of $1200. £827.07 and 1069.38 Euros.