While Hollywood celebrates its best, the Razzies are ready to celebrate the worst with the annual nominations for the 39th Annual Razzie Awards.
Donald Trump & The Shame Gang nabbed some of the top noms thanks to Michael Moore’s Fahrenheit 11/9 and Death of a Nation. The current administration earned nominations for Worst Actor for Trump, Worst Supporting Actress for Melania Trump and Kellyanne Conway, Worst Duo for Donald J. Trump & His Self Perpetuating Pettiness.
Other nods for the film duo include Worst Screenplay for Dinesh D’Souza & Bruce Schooley’s Death of the Nation and Worst Remake, Sequel or Rip-Off for Death of a Nation, which was cited as a remake of Hillary’s America.
Also on the list and slowly destroying his father’s legacy is Brian Henson who was nominated for Worst Director for his awful, awful Happytime Murders. The “comedy” was also nominated for Worst Picture, Worst Actress for Melissa McCarthy, Worst Supporting Actor for Joel McHale, Worst Duo for any two puppets on the screen at any time and Worst Screenplay.
The topping the list for worst of the year was Gotti, which also earned “honors” for its star John Travolta, supporting actress Kelly Preston, director Kevin Connolly and writers Leo Rossi and Lem Dobbs.
The Worst Picture category was rounded out by the inclusion of the cringe-inducing Holmes & Watson, the horrible Robin Hood and the unscary Winchester.
In addition to Trump and Travolta, the Worst Actor field also included Johnny Depp for Sherlock Gnomes, Will Ferrell for Holmes & Watson, and Bruce Willis for the unnecessary Death Wish.
For Worst Actress, McCarthy is also in “good company” as noms went to Jennifer Garner for the little-seen Peppermint, Amber Heard for London Fields, Helen Mirren for Winchester and Amanda Seyfried for The Clapper.
The 39th Annual Razzie Awards are set for February 23, the night before the 91st Academy Awards.
- The Happytime Murders
- Holmes & Watson
- Robin Hood
- Jennifer Garner – Peppermint
- Amber Heard – London Fields
- Melissa McCarthy – The Happytime Murders and Life of the Party
- Helen Mirren – Winchester
- Amanda Seyfried – The Clapper
- Johnny Depp (Voice Only) – Sherlock Gnomes
- Will Ferrell – Holmes & Watson
- John Travolta – Gotti
- Donald J. Trump (As Himself) – Death of a Nation and Fahrenheit 11/9
- Bruce Willis – Death Wish
WORST SUPPORTING ACTOR
- Jamie Foxx – Robin Hood
- Ludacris (Voice Only) – Show Dogs
- Joel McHale – The Happytime Murders
- John C. Reilly – Holmes & Watson
- Justice Smith – Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom
WORST SUPPORTING ACTRESS
- Kellyanne Conway (As Herself) – Fahrenheit 11/9
- Marcia Gay Harden – Fifty Shades Freed
- Kelly Preston – Gotti
- Jaz Sinclair – Slender Man
- Melania Trump (As Herself) – Fahrenheit 11/9
- Any Two Actors or Puppets (Especially in Those Creepy Sex Scenes) – The Happytime Murders
- Johnny Depp & His Fast-Fading Film Career (He’s doing voices for cartoons, fer kripesakes!) – Sherlock Gnomes
- Will Ferrell & John C. Reilly (Trashing Two of Literature’s Most Beloved Characters) – Holmes & Watson
- Kelly Preston & John Travolta (Getting BATTLEFIELD EARTH type Reviews!) – Gotti
- Donald J. Trump & His Self Perpetuating Pettiness – Death of a Nation and Fahrenheit 11/9
WORST REMAKE, RIP-OFF OR SEQUEL
- Death of a Nation (remake of Hillary’s America)
- Death Wish
- Holmes & Watson
- The Meg (for ripping off Jaws)
- Robin Hood
- Etan Cohen – Holmes & Watson
- Kevin Connolly – Gotti
- James Foley – Fifty Shades Freed
- Brian Henson – The Happytime Murders
- The Spierig Brothers (Michael and Peter) – Winchester
- Death of a Nation – Written by Dinesh D’Souza & Bruce Schooley
- Fifty Shades Freed – Screenplay by Niall Leonard, from the Novel by E.L. James
- Gotti – Screenplay by Leo Rossi and Lem Dobbs
- The Happytime Murders – Screenplay by Todd Berger, Story by Berger and Dee Austin Robinson
- Winchester – Written by Tom Vaughan and The Spierig Brothers